Data Analysis Process
Raw Data Transfer, Clean-Up and Validation
- Secure transfer of raw data files, which include GPX, KML, XLS, CSV, TXT, DOC, Shape, KML, JPG and OGB.
- Data is then cleaned up and formatted for analysis. Dates, times, locations and other standard fields are all formatted for standardization across all the data
- A validation pass is performed to validate date and location ranges, in turn identifying problematic records for review
- Identification of statistically relevant events within the data. These include such events as:
- Most frequent travel date and average speed of travel on the weekends.
- Location analysis of geographical areas and routes, including
- Overview and profile of area(s) traveled
- Identification of most visited locations and routes taken
- Assessment of movement and travel within the data
- Types of travel made
- Mode of transportation
- Travel duration
- Interaction Analysis
- Identification of meeting locations and times between two or more parties
- Frequency and length of meetings
- Communications Analysis
- Identification of links between parties
- Frequency and pattern analysis of communications
- Social Network Activity Analysis
- Creation of social network map based on connections between parties
- Identification of key parties within a social network
- Report on data integrity and validation results
- Documentation of analytical steps and thought process
- Visual snapshots and descriptions for each step
- Creation of a report
- Final conclusions with supporting materials
- Creation of presentation materials
- Videos, prints, posters, etc.
See a sample report
Take a look at a sample report for a recent project that involved using location data to assist in a criminal investigation.
Get an example with your data
Interested in a sample report? Our team can quickly generate a sample report based on your project’s needs and source data being used.Contact us to learn more.